Re: [ST] Darwin's Cornering clearances

Actually, I bought the bike for my wife--I was planning on buying something a bit more sporting for myself. She didn't like the bike and bought a cruiser instead, so I inherited it. It turns out I like the bike a lot more than I thought I would for hard riding, as long as the roads aren't too tight and the surface is fairly smooth. On rough stuff the cheapo suspension rears its hideously ugly head, and on the extremely tight, technical stuff I run out of ground clearance before I run out of tire. Apparently I am choosing the wrong line or not turning in late enough or some such, but I guess we can't all be as perfect as you, Gertie. And you are right, there are better lines through the corner, but on the Wisconsin roads I've been riding, the perfect line is often not an option because of gravel and sand, so we are forced to choose the clean line instead. That said, I'll leave you to root around in your Depends, searching for more kernals of wisdom.

>>> "Peckham ." <peckhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx> - 9/5/01 5:35 PM >>>
 since the
RS/ST was never intended as a track weapon, I am afraid that you've made and
uninformed and incorrect choice in motorcycles.