From: barry.croft [mailto:barry.croft@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 10:14 AM
To: ST/RS List
Subject: [ST] Front wheel ding

Thanks for the info on the RS rev limiter.

Now I have another problem!

This morning I hit a large rock on the way to work. The front tyre blew and
I had a brown-trouser moment hanging onto it, but stopped OK! The rim is
badly bent though. I had it recovered to my local shop, who tell me there
are 3 options:

1) Buy a new wheel. £360!! (Over U$500).
2) Try to find a second hand wheel. Price (IF available at all) unknown.
3) Have it repaired. ~£80.

Has anyone else had a ding repaired, and if so were you happy riding on it?
That'll be cheapest, but may take 2-3 weeks. The chances of finding another
one second hand are very small, but will be quick if I can, so that's my
preferred option. I'd rather not spend £360, but may have to!

Any comments/ideas?

Barry
00RS

*