Re: [ST] Front wheel ding

barry.croft wrote:

> This morning I hit a large rock on the way to work. The front tyre blew and
> I had a brown-trouser moment hanging onto it, but stopped OK!

Yikes! Glad you're OK. Do you have any sort of "road hazard" insurance
that might cover the damage?

> 1) Buy a new wheel. £360!! (Over U$500).
> 2) Try to find a second hand wheel. Price (IF available at all) unknown.
> 3) Have it repaired. ~£80.

I'd be very wary of a repaired wheel. Many of the modern alloys used to
make wheels are very strong, but once bent they lose most of that
strength and can be re-bent again very easily. I don't know what
particular alloy Triumph uses for the front wheel, however, so maybe
it's repairable. A knowledgeable wheel repair shop should be able to
tell you.

IMHO, I'd look for a used wheel or buy a new one.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA