Re: [ST] RS rev limiter

I had my '00 RS remapped last week at my 18,000 mile service, as I just put
on the CF can I got from Jerry Spicer (THANK YOU!).

Prior to the remap, the rev limiter hit at 9600, and I was often hitting it
because it was still making power at that rpm. Today, I whacked it open in
2nd gear, lofted the front wheel, and the rev limiter still hadn't kicked in
despite being well over 10,000rpm. Nice, because it was still on the up side
of the power curve. Just lovely, and no regrets about the slightly louder
can either.

I definitely notice more power from the engine throughout the rev range, but
haven't checked to see what fuel mileage it gets with the remap. Very
curious about that, because I loved getting over 45 miles per (US) gallon,
sometimes 52. Small sacrifice I'm willing to make for the great sound and
new-found power.

Ken M.