[ST] Oil consumption--now it is getting serious!

I know I've posted on this recently, i.e., thought my 1999 ST with 44K miles
was eating a lot of oil.

Took the time to measure how much and am really concerned, looks like as
much as 1qt/500miles!

Have examined the air box, can't find any visible leakage, no smoke detected
coming out of the exhaust or gooy mess anywhere.

The only fact other than the mileage that seems relavent to me is I have
overfilled the oil when doing a change in the recent past; could I have
burst a seal somewhere?  If so, where the heck is all of that oil going?

Jay

Anyone have

Jay S. Levine
office: (651) 687-5793
cell: (612) 308-9424
home: (612) 294-0779
shameless self promotion: http://home.mn.rr.com/levine98/
"It's Not The Destination, It's The Ride"