[ST] Re: follow-up on Bent Rim

Progress report: my local shop has located a breaker with a supposedly
perfect RS front wheel, so I've ordered it. £190 + labour (about half the
price of new). I may get the old one repaired too as a back-up. I'll keep
you all posted on how it works out.

I fitted Pirelli Dragon GTS about 2000 miles ago, and so far they suit the
RS very well. I'm not surprised - I've had them on other bikes ranging from
a VFR to a Thunderbird, and they're always good.

Today I went to the Ace Cafe reopening meeting in Brighton (UK). It was
excellent. It must have been a record turn-out - I'd guess of the order of
10,000 bikes! The seafront was 'motorcycles only' and the atmosphere was
like the TT or Daytona, and it was just a wonderful sight, all this metal
gleaming in the sunshine on the seafront. The Ace was originally all about
old Brit bikes, so all the old rockers on their classics (and the mods, on
their scooters) were out in force, and every type of bike (or trike) you
could imagine was there. I'll post some pics shortly.

Barry