Re: [ST] Leaking Radiator

At 05:21 PM 9/9/01 -0400, "Jonathan Schulster" wrote:
>been lurking for a long while - I was witness to a fatal accident (biker)
>in the Odenwald and it did damage my enthusiasm for riding.

Sorry to hear that - I can understand completely.

>Was there a problem with early ST radiators developing leaks due to
>incorrect fitting or stress caused by misaligned mounting points?

The radiators that were replaced under warranty were on 99s and early 2000s
that developed leaks along one corner (usually the upper right or left). A
misaligned mount would cause a slight separation and leak. If you had this
type of leak, I would guess that they would still cover you even just out
of warranty. However a hole in the back is probably not related to the
issue. Doesn't hurt to ask though...

- -Eric