Re: [ST] Valentine One

Erik answers also..

>Where did you mount it?

I mounted mine IN the left hard bag.. use a remote visual unit on the
handle bars, and an Autocom to hear it go off. The other nice mount
is a Saeng http://www.saeng.com/cockpit.htm they make a mount which
uses the lever mounting boss and it works really well, a fellow I
know mounted his like this.

>It looks a little larger than your average detector.  Did this cause
>any problems.

No, and the newest units are a bit thinner and lighter..

>How loud is it?  Can you hear it without using an earphone?

NO! at least not at any speed where you need to hear it go off. But
there are several ways to get audio into your ear.. and hearing it go
off is an absolute must, more important than seeing it go off which
you won't if you are watching the road as one should.

>How is it as far as false alarms go?

The V1 picks up EVERYTHING.. how can it know if it's a cop or an
automatic door opener. That said the V1 has 3 modes of operation..
check out Valentines site, they have a better discription than I can
give here :-)

>I have been thinking of getting a detector and I know the V1 is
>suppose to be the best but the size has put me off as much as the
>cost.

The V1 is by far the best unit out there PERIOD. Yes it is more
expensive than the others ( a rare case of the best actually costing
the most) but it will pay for it self very quickly.. do yourself a
favor DON'T bother with the other units save your $$ and just get a
V1.. I don't know anyone ( ask any of the hard core LD riders which
unit they have..to a man it's the V1) who doesn't think it smokes all
the rest..