Re: [ST] Seat Hight

Wesley Horner wrote:

>I have a friend who is close to buying an ST but she is about 5'8" so she
>would really like to take half an inch out of the seat height.  She could
>then flat foot the bike.  Has anyone ever lowered their ST?  I know you can get
>about half an inch lower with a custom seat but how about lowering the rear
>suspension.

Hey Wes,
If your friend only needs a half inch taken off, why not shave the seat
down that much? I did on my RS and the seat is still comfortable. There
is a lot of foam there and a half an inch isn't that much. Why start
messing with suspension before she really get that feel for the bike all
because of  one half inch?

Also, I have a 28.5 inch inseam, I can no way  get the balls of my feet
much less the majority of my big toe  (in boots) on the pavement while
astride. Hasn't been a problem for me.

If your friend is interested in the shaven seat method, I know a guy in
downtown SF that did mine for $40 and did a great job. Ask me for his
name and number off line when your friend decides.

Tai
'00 Triumph RS "indefatigable"
Richmond, CA