[ST] 2-Up ST Riding

Eric,

Along with the other fine tips given, don't forget to up the rear pre-load a few
turns for the two-up riding.  I found that that the ST handled terribly with an
extra passenger and pannier weight with solo settings, until I added enough rear
pre-load to level the bike again.  Forget the manual recommendations for the 2-up
settings, which are total overkill, and call for something like 5 mm showing on the
front forks, and 6 turns on the rear.  Instead, just give the rear 2-3 turns over
the solo settings that work well for you now, and leave the front alone, and that
should get you pretty close to being right.  Of course, remember what you did, so
you can undo it when going back to solo riding.  You will find it is much easier to
adjust it at home with a large straight blade screwdriver than to do it on the side
of the Interstate with that whimpy little toy screwdriver in the toolkit.

Finally, as the old adage goes, "Bring twice the money and half the clothes", and
ship stuff home instead of lugging it around the country.

Rick Hartwick
00 ST