RE: [ST] new mag tests & 190/50 Question

>Two of the british publication tested triumphs this month.

The five-bike test was Superbike magazine.

>I can not understand how two magazines can have
>such different experiences.

You've gotta take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to these
magazines.  Besides, somewhere in the article they praised the VFR because
they could power-wheelie it more easily. :-)  Superbike magazine are pretty
extreme riders (moreso than a magazine like Motorcyclist or Rider) so you
have to realize that they may not have the same needs or views as you may.
For instance, the VFR wasn't even in consideration for me because it lacked
factory hard bags, but that's not something that everyone wants.

Anyway, a quick thanks to all of you for your replies on my 190/50
question.  I've heard and listened to your arguments about contact patch
and lean angle with respect to speed, and they are good arguments.  I am
going to go with the 190/50, and a lot of it has to do with what I am used
to.  My old bike, a CBR1000F, had a 5.5" rim and I had a 180 on the rear,
which is middle-of-the-road for what size tyre you can fit.  With the 6"
Sprint rear rim, a 190 is middle of the road, and I've noticed a difference
in "feel" with the 180 - and yes, some of it is still mental.  Maybe I'll
dislike the 190, but there's only one way to find out, and there's not a
better place to test this out than Deals Gap...

Thanks

Tad Gralewski   tad_gralewski@xxxxxxxx
01 Triumph Sprint ST - name t.b.d
95 ST1100 - STress-Reliever  STOC #1539
77 GS750 - The Blue Dolphin
93 CBR1000F - The Black Whale - R.I.P. (rebuild in progress)
http://members.home.com/tadgralewski
The best things in life that you find are
those things you never went looking for. - RTG