[ST] Pannier install and other cool stuff

Steve, I just got thru with the procedure, and I'm not about to take it
apart to take some naughty photo's for you.  On the other hand, it should be
very simple to dis-install your bags.

Review the install instructions and note where it says "discard" the part
your taking off.  Hopefully you remembered high school and ignored
instructions.  If you didn't, buy the part.  Fortunately, there aren't many.

You don't say if new bags are coming with the new bike.  If not skip the
next para.

You can get by leaving the new turn signals, you shouldn't need them on the
new bike, they come with the bags.  for that matter, don't relocate your
seat lock, a new setup comes with the bags.  Ditto all the reinforcement
items in the mudguard/subframe.  Get the hangers off and quit.  If your
buyer adds bags later, he'll have an easy time of it.  Hell, be a sport and
throw in the hangers.

If you skipped to here, then you need to get all the other parts off.  Time
consuming, but not difficult.  Just start at the end of the install
directions and put it in reverse.  Pretend it's a Gold Wing.  I have the
instructions  and can fax to you if yours are incomplete.

By the way, I've been lurking here for awhile, and now I want to announce
the arrival of the latest child, a 2001 Sprint ST, BRG, 2 Brothers Slip on,
Race Tech cartridge emulators and springs, Corbin, Throttlemeister (only
$95.00 US at www.lostempire.com) and way-cool Vietnam Vet sticker on the
license plate frame.  Reached the 6K rpm stage this PM.

Let's see, a name... I like to hunt ducks, am State Chair for Ducks
Unlimited, they even call me Captain Quack...Names end in "Dawg"...not "egg
suckin' dawg", no, can't use "s**t eatin' dawg", that dawg won't hunt....

Huuum...

Ponder, ponder.

Got it!   DUCK DAWG!  Look for a new Don Bradley (tm) design on the front
somewhere!  If you are running into feathers, you must be behind me.

Sadly, must now disinherit my '98 Sprint Executive (in gorgeous Platinum).
Stock w/hard bags, 24k miles, K&N, Luggage rack, newly polished exhaust
headers,  lots of miles left on Dunlop 205's and chain.  All services by
dealer, Palm Beach Triumph, except (some) oil changes, .  Steal it for
$4895!  Would probably ride it just about anywhere to deliver, bike is in
Central Florida.  Negatives:  parking lot downs on both sides (never put a
T3 on the center stand with slick soles).  Bags took the minor scratches.
Damn bug dings in windshield, bugs were never ment to stop that quick.

Bike includes one year membership in Riders of the Lost Empire, LC and tee
shirt, a $27.50 value and a free copy of "Proficient Motorcycling" by David
Hough, $5.00 off the cover price at www.lostempire.com.  Golly Moses, I'm
just too generous.

Glad to be aboard.

Andy Kay, by the Grace of God and the Membership, King, Riders of the Lost
Empire, LC
andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>