[ST] Are Triumph speedos really that bad?

The local police have a radar display trailer that they position in various
locations around town. I have been doing rolling speed comparison tests when
I have encounters with these handy units. My '89 Honda Civic SI is spot on
at 35 and 40 MPG (They never put them where you can go fast and check.
Probably with good reason). My Sprint ST is off by 10% at the same speeds!!!
I am running Metzeler ME4Zs at the recommended inflation, so I say the
speedometer makes a very good match for the Triumph fuel gauge and most
likely, the odometer as well. Maybe the OEM Bridgestone BT57s (or whatever
Triumph sticks on them these days) that originally came with it are actually
a slightly (let's say maybe 5-10%) less. However, this spoils the illusion
when I am doing an indicated 100 MPH because now I know that I am only doing
90.
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------