Re: [ST] Are Triumph speedos really that bad?

>The local police have a radar display trailer that they position in various
>locations around town. I have been doing rolling speed comparison tests when
>I have encounters with these handy units.

On our way to the western rallye, the Norcal posse had a couple of
encounters with police who seemed to think we were going a lot faster than
we KNEW we were. So the next time I saw one of those radar trailers, I made
several passes and it would never get a consistent reading, even during the
same pass. While traveling 25 (adjusting for known speedo error) the
trailer's displayed speed would jump all over the place even though I was
the only vehicle approaching it. (it would vary wildy from 20 to 36) This
leads me to believe that even red ST's have some type of stealth
capability. At least that's what I'll try explaining to the next cop who
pulls me over.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
'99 Sprint St
'01 KLR650