From: Randy S [mailto:regreps@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 7:45 PM
To: rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Valentine One

I've thought about getting a detector for years but a friend of mine in
college (the 80's !) had one and on a road trip we were speeding merrily
along a stretch of I-66 at night and his detector kept going off.
Naturally, each time he tapped the brakes only to find it was "false".
After about three times, the State Trooper intercepted and informed he just
flips on the radar about a mile behind and watches for brake lights.  Oh, I
should mention detectors are illegal in Virginia.

Still, I'd like to have one.  But, I've heard the troopers here have radar
detector detectors and since they're illegal you get a fine if they nab you
with one.  Are these Valentine/Passport things vulnerable to the detector
detectors?  And actually, I do most of my riding on rural roads with the
local cops who, I suspect, don't have the state budget to pay for the
detector gizmos.

Randy
2K RS