RE: [ST] Freedom will prevail!

Jim,
  It's flown the correct side up but lowered to half mast as a show of
respect to fallen US leaders.  I know everyone is trying to do what
they can at this troubling time by there are rules to how and when a
flag can be lowered to half mast.  Please note:

"The flag when flown at half-staff, should be first hoisted to the peak
for an instant and then lowered to the half-staff position. The flag should
be again raised to the peak before it is lowered for the day. On Memorial
Day,
the flag should be displayed at half-staff until noon only, then raised to
the
top of the staff. By order of the President, the flag shall be flown at
half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States
Government
and the Governor of a State, territory or possession, as a mark of respect
their memory. In the event of the death of other officials or foreign
dignitaries,
the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential
instructions
or orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not
inconsistent
with law."