Re: [ST] Long Distance in General

Britbike2@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Patti, I looked up the plug kit at the address you gave me, but it looks
> kinda large and a pain to carry.  Is that true, anyone else have some
> alternates to look at?

I'm trying a new sealer called "Ride-On"; see <http://www.ride-on.com/>.
It stays liquid in the tire and washes out easily with water when its
time to change the tire, unlike Slime. It is injected through the valve
stem (with the valve removed) when you first mount the tire and doesn't
rely on any flammable propellants, unlike most automotive fix-a-flats.
The company claims it doesn't react with any metals, and that it has
anti-corrosive properties. The company also claims they have letters
from several motorcycle tire manufacturers (Michelin, and others
mentioned in the Rider review that I can't remember for sure) saying
that its OK to use with their tires, and that it will repair the tire
well enough for the tire to be used for the remainder of its normal
service life. It also got a nice write-up in "Rider" magazine a few
months back (June?).

I've been running it in my rear tire for about a month now. (I haven't
had to replace the front tire yet.) It was easy to install and I didn't
notice any balance problems, even though the installation instructions
said there would be for the first few miles. However, I haven't had any
punctures yet, either, so it may be snake oil for all I know. :-) The
folks at Rider really put it to the test, though, puncturing each of
their tires multiple times. The tires lost a couple of PSI initially,
but sealed nicely.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA