Re: [ST] Update on Blue Devil

Erik Miner wrote:

> I think it would be a mistake to take a 2001,

Party pooper.

> unless you are getting an awesome screaming good deal.

Just between you and me (and I hope no one else is listening): When I
said "Let's talk money." I was told that they would wait until I knew
how much the insurance was paying. I should find out today. I feel quite
confident that they will want much less than the 2000 list price.

> First off you are buying a year old bike so you'll take a big

> and immediate deprecation hit.

Hey! Not so fast there, big guy. You bought your '99 just about when I
bought my '00.

> Additionally the 2002 with the improved motor will be IMO a better
> machine. The 02 ST's should be available very soon since Triumph will
> have started production on them this month, or maybe even in August.

I concur. I asked and they do not have any yet. But they have 2 Blue
2000 ST's. I love the color. I love the bike. I am frustrated by not
being out there on the "Blue Devil." And the end of riding season is
rapidly approaching (well, about 3 months away if the snow can hold off).

> Just my .02 worth.

Or just your 2002 worth. ;-)

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler