[ST] Mileage-use information

What sort of miles are members of this list racking up on their Sprints? And what type of riding are we generally doing with our machines?

I got my RS in late May, a carryover 2000 model, and I just turned it over to 10,000 miles. I've been trying to keep miles down so I don't have to buy tires as often, so I haven't been doing a lot of commuting and touring. I'm pleased to say that my current front tire is wearing out on the sides, but has plenty of tread left in the center.

 Most of my riding has been medium high-speed twisty road stuff in southeastern Minnesota and southwestern Wisconsin, with almost zero flat-out high-speed riding, and very few trips to the redline, once I got used to the powerband. The bike really doesn't seem happy running past 120 or so, and revving it much past 8500 rpm seems like work, with very little return for my effort. I've done zero burnouts (again, tire conservation), and only did a few wheelies after breakin to get a feel for the bike's limits. In other words, the bike is well-used but not abused.

Problems so far:
* Minor oil leak around the cam-chain tower
* Weird clicking sound when riding in rain
* Leaky plug for sensor in right-side crank case

Favorite aspects of bike:
* Stability in high-speed sweepers
* Tasteful, understated paint scheme
* Terrific range
* Comfortable riding position

Least favorite aspects of bike:
* Suspension that works fine on smooth pavement bounces bike all over hell in the rough, twisty stuff. This combines with the long wheelbase and relatively high weight to make the bike a real handful in really tight curves with less than perfect pavement.
* Crunchy, imprecise, loud transmission
* Oil that won't stay inside engine

Overall impression: A very good all-around motorcycle, but doesn't provide enough value for the money (I paid $7900, out the door, with taxes). Too many rough edges for me to consider purchasing another, unless Triumph addresses suspension, transmission, and oil leak issues. Owning this bike has whetted my appetite to purchase a personality-free, appliance-like piece of Tupperware like a VFR.