Re: [ST] Long Distance in General

>Depending on how that goes we will get
>another bag (warmer or cooler) that can zip together
>:)

That sounds like a good idea until you try it. If you're the type that can
sleep together curled up together it may work out. My wife and I need a
king size bed or we end up kicking each other all night, so zip together
bags were a waste.

we have our tent picked out. But how do people
>sleep in a tent (I know it sounds silly) I'm starting
>to run out of space if I try to strap on 2 mats as
>well as 2 sleeping bags and a tent. And what about pillows?

In my younger days, I used to be able to sleep on the ground, then on a
foam pad. Now I need an air mattress. The ones I use have 9 separate little
tubes that run the length of the mattress. That way if you get a puncture
the whole thing isn't lost. They also pack very small and are easy to
inflate.

For a pillow I stuff my riding jacket or some other clothing into the
sleeping bag stuff sack and use that.

I like a tent that will have room to sleep two and still leave room for
some gear like boots, helmets and the tankbag.

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643