Re: [ST] The Good, Bad, & Ugly: ST Trip Notes (long, but I need the therapy)

Jeff Viehmeyer wrote:

> Oh yeah; my mileage when it broke? 2406! And 2/3 of those are highway miles
> put on this week. Blake, so much for your theory at lunch last week at Enzo'
> s!!!

Hiya Jeff!
	Great condolences for your misadventure at the end of an otherwise
successful trip. I'm afraid I can't remember exactly which theory I
expressed at lunch -- I love to spout 'em, but keeping track of them
would probably require full-time assistance from someone with a much
better memory than mine. However, I apologize profusely if something I
said led you to this sad situation. Maybe sometime I can show you some
of my favorite "secret" roads around here to make up for it.

In the meantime, I agree with others who have suggested that Triumph
should work to ensure that you suffer no out of pocket costs getting
your bike and belongings back to an "as new" state. I doubt that Triumph
will pick up the full bill for repairs -- your insurance should cover
that, and as it was not your fault it shouldn't affect your premium or
"accident free" status. However, IMHO, I would expect Triumph to pay any
deductible you may be responsible for, and possibly go beyond that as
well with a small merchandise credit or something in a similar vein.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA