[ST] VFR and stuff...........BIll

Bill.

The most time I hvae spent on a VFR was about 2 hrs..
it is a great bike.. if I lived in a large city like
LA I would probably prefer it.. seems more ballanced
at low speeds and is a little more rev happy. fit and
finish is very good. on the flip side.. I know 3 VFR
owners right now and my Triumph has been more reliable
than any of them. in fairness 2 are a little older. I
have suffred no quirks.. the bike has never failed me.
the fuel gauge was replaced under warrenty but there
were no symptoms. I do agree the VFR is a decent
ride..adn the new one is probably that much better..
addressing the much needed low end torque issue...
which is why I love the triumph as I do.. I live in a
more open place and the ST seems more stable at HIGH
speeds.. butt-loads of low end torque not present in
the VFR.. at least up till now maybe. ST is very tour
worthy... they are both great bikes for diferent
reasons.. but I wonder who may agree w/this about the
looks............

The last generation VFR looks better, save for the
under seat exh.
BTW. on the futura.. I would go ride one but Im afraid
I would love it so much (from what I have heard) that
I would "get past the looks" and trade over to one..
but I could never love its appearance.. saw one in
Monroe here.. it was very ugly.. guess Ill have to
hang on for now....Im still waiting for Triumphs
cruiser. apples/oranges but I find myself anxious over
it...

Thanks for the counterpoint.. I do for the most part
agree.  :)

Tony Burke
00' ST  (the red sort of red that you see on red
bikes-red)