[ST] VFR elec issues???.. General reliability.

Yes. I have heard this from a couple other VFR owners
and the one later model VFR owner that I am aquanted
with (year 00') has had the pleasure of 2 towtruck
rides compliments of hondas wiring harness and
computer.  Other glitches have landed it in a shop w/o
need for towing.. all electrical.. I have heard this
from others as I was once considering the VFR.... for
a moment. I believe overall hondas motorcycle
reliability is excellent.... but..... I think I feared
that this particular model would pan out like my Acura
car (honda) that was also plagued by electrical,
transmission, and EFI demons. When I had heard by more
than one owner that this was known to exist on this
model of motorcycle, it was a deal breaker for me.

I enjoy perfect reliability from my Triumph M/C, Ford
truck, Dodge camper van, and my VW car. My only
current lemmon is a 97 Saturn SL1. I choose the
Triumph partly on the reliability aspect I have heard
about. and partly just cuz I love it. The reliability
issue kept me off the BMW and HD as well as the Honda.
(well, maybe price too).   That is all I know of this
issue on VFR electrical gremlins... I dont know
anythong about this on other model Honda M/C.

It didnt occur to me until after I had purchased the
ST that the people that made it are in the same
country that is responsable for inflicting the Jaguar
automomile on us here inthe states   :) Now I consider
the Triumph MC an appology for that whole Jaguar
thing.

PS: I guy I go to school with rides an 84 VFR
Interceptor thingy, daily, its got almost 100K mi on
it and he claims he's never had any problems not
inflicted by pavement.

Tony Burke
00' ST (RED)