[ST] What a weekend

After the past week it was decided by one of our leaders in the local HSTA
that we should have a "get outta the house and ride" day this weekend.  11
bikes, and 12 people(one couple 2 up) gathered at 8am at a local Waffle
House this Sunday to clear our heads for the day.  We spent the next 8 hours
chasing asphalt around the southeastern Missouri area and enjoying life as
we know it.  We ended up covering about 400 miles of some of the twisties
roads we could find, nothing more than a 2 lane blacktop road at anywhere
from 30 to 120 mph(whoops).  It was great fun comparing rear tire wear
patterns at lunch.  During the ride I realized things weren't feeling as
planted at usual on the old horse.  When I got home I decided it was time to
swap in the spare OEM shock I had bought from Erik so many moons ago.  To my
suprise it only took about 30-40 minutes to do it, and I made an interesting
discovery on the old shock.  The pre-load was almost completly max'ed out
already, hmmmm, I think it's a good thing I had the spare handy as I've
still got alot of trips planned for the rest of the year.  Another thank you
to Erik for cutting me such a deal on his OEM shock.  Even just sitting on
the bike, and riding it up the street I think I'll be satisfied with the
settings I chose on the new one, 10 turns out on preload, and 1.25 turns on
rebound.  Atleast until I get the '02 ST, and start all over, WOO HOO!

So in the past 3,000 miles and 2.5 weeks since the 36k service, where they
finally replaced the front pads, I've put another rear tire on, and a new
rear shock.  Must be time to trade it in soon :)

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen