[ST] ST rattles

Rick Cooper wrote: The bike makes a very noisy rattle when I roll off the
throttle  in gear.  Power and performance have not been affected.  It's not
clanging, but more high pitched, like I have a coffee can full of tiny
chippings.  I can only hear it when I roll off the throttle in gear( when
transmission is under load or engine braking I guess).    Has anyone
experienced this or have any suggestions?

     I know you probably will not believe this but my 99 had exactly the
same issue at last year's BRP Rallye. Let off and pull in the clutch, go to
neutral, let clutch out and no noise. I was concerned. Someone else
mentioned the chain and although I didn't buy in on that I changed the
chain anyway at 11K. As soon as I left Mike's shop the noise was gone, the
bike seemed faster, smoother, and at 14K I still have not heard that tin
can full of marbles or BB's sound again.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"