Re: [ST] Re: new BMW policy?

The policy is that if you are selling BMWs you need to get the other bikes out
of the showroom.  I have called a couple of Triumph dealers and they have all
told me the same thing.  Some opened other showrooms for the rest of their
bikes near by.  Others have sold the franchise.  Some just stopped carrying
other bikes.  So far I haven't seen any that took "them" in the "us or
them" policy that BMW handed down.  I'm sure there are lots of reasons
for this but the end result is that your dealer may be leaving. They have
the same policy with their car line.  In fact I can't think of any car or
bike manufacturer that has similar requirements.

Wes

On Wed Sep 19 at 06:46:22 PM, gggjaguar@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Can you elaborate on this policy?  My Triumph dealer (the only one within 250 miles) is mainly a BMW dealer and I would hope they don't have to drop Triumph due to a new BMW policy.  Without a nearby dealer, I'd pretty much have to ditch the ST in favor of a marque with local dealer support (gasp...).

- --
~~~~wesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
the name of the company that owns them anymore.