[ST] Off Topic - Antivirus

Must as I dislike seeing virus warnings on mailing lists unrelated to the
subject I just thought you would like to be aware of the the following:

Today I received the Nimda worm.  It got past the latest update (18 Sept
2001) to AntiVir on my Linux gateway and got past Norton Antivirus (update
18 Sept 2001) on my Win98 terminal.  [It may possibly be a variant and I
have submitted it to Symantec]

Is is only because I don't use Outlook / Outlook Express that my bacon was
saved, since merely viewing the message in these programs will trigger the
payload.

If you insist on using a Microsoft product to read your email I strongly
suggest you turn off the message viewer for the next few weeks as this
worm is likely to be more virulent than previous worms.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@xxxxxxx

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/