From: Robert Riffel [mailto:Robert.Riffel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 2:27 PM
To: 'rs list'
Subject: RE: [ST] Are we being taken for granted?

	I knew it was just a matter of time until the ST'ers and the RS'ers
turned on each other.  Just ride whatever makes you happy.  But as long as
we're tossing insults.....

	Are you seriously going to tell me that a single sided swing-arm is
what sold you on the ST?  It seems like that thing was designed just to make
it easier to lube the brake disc when lubing the chain...  wouldn't want
that disc to rust!  And some of us just don't like having two big slabs of
Samsonite on the side of our hot rod even if they are called "panniers" (no
one is fooled, just call it luggage!).  I like the higher exhaust, at least
it doesn't drag on the pavement when I heel the bike over.  As for the
unfinished cockpit, who cares!  Its a motorcycle for crying out loud, not a
Lexus!  I personally don't mind a more spartan gage cluster.  As a matter of
fact, it prefer to see the structure of bike and not a bunch of cheap
looking plastic.  Yeah, look at it this way - not having a "finished
cockpit" saves weight!  And what's worse, not having a gas gauge or having
one you can't trust?

	Just kidding about all of the above, guys.  Ride whatever spins your
crank!

	By the way, did anyone ever figure out what the correct part number
is for the EBC HH sintered pads for the rear?

	Rob
	'00 RS "Bonnie" (red may be fast, and blue may be invisible to
radar, but yellow is the sexiest color!)

*