Re: [ST] Triple owners

I missed the start of this thread, but.....

The first motor bike of *any* kind I ever piloted was a 1973 Bonneville 750,
which I bought in like-new condition in early 1976. I was 16 years old. I
owned it for just two years, sold it, and a year later, bought my first
triple, a 1975 Triumph Trident T160. I stil have the registration plate from
it, all the articles I clipped, and remember it's serial number by heart
some 18 years after I sold it. (EK03944).

That bike didn't seem to have much more power than my Bonney, but I was
hooked on that sound. A co-worker rode a Laverda Jota 1000, and we had some
good rides, but he sure could smoke me anywhere.

I never learned how to ride it as well as it deserved to be. That came in
1997 (a 13 year hiatus, yes, I'm a born-again), when I bought a Suzuki
Katana 750 for cheap money. I took MSF courses, and followed up with some
track time.

I soon learned Triumph was back in business, and making triples, I vowed to
own one again. My RS has proven to be just what I had always wished for in a
bike, great handling, power, and accessories (I have all the best ones!).
That unmistakable sound of a triple "on the boil" is better than ever,
thanks to the CF can, and I'd bet I could blow right by that Jota nowadays.
:-)

Ken M.