Re: [ST] Tune pricing?

James Wright wrote:
 > Even
 > without syncing the throttle bodies, it was estimated at $280.  Is
 > it just me, or is that really expensive for a tune that must occur
 > every 6000 miles?  What have other people paid for the 6k service?

Yeah, it's really expensive, but probably typical for a modern,
high-performance motorcycle. Mechanically, bikes just aren't as
redundant as cars, so you can't ride them around until something breaks
and then fix it.

For comparison, I just had my 18K service (which is the same as the 6K)
done at CalTri and it cost $235. They didn't have to download a new tune
(which shouldn't cost anything to do, BTW), and I don't believe that
they set the CO2 levels, either (I think that's only done at 12K
intervals, or by request). Maybe Monroe has a higher labor rate? The
labor charge at CalTri was $167.70 for 2.15 hours of labor.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA