Re: [ST] Ride-On tire sealant puncture report (long)

gggjaguar@xxxxxxx wrote:
 > I would think you'd need to warn your dealer that there's liquid
 > goop in the tire when it comes time to change it.

Always a wise idea if there's anything other than air in there!

 > Though it's
 > supposed to be water soluble, I'd bet the guy changing the tire
 > won't be please with goop running all over the place (and his
 > equipment) when he un-mounts the tire.

Fortunately, the stuff's so thick you really need to rinse it off with
water -- it's not supposed to run out when you take the valve stem out
or break the bead's seal. I guess it's the escaping air and centrifugal
force that helps it move into a puncture.

(Again, since I haven't actually dismounted a tire with Ride-On in it
myself, I'm relying on what the manufacturer says about the product.
It'll take me another 4K miles or so before I wear my rear tire out and
get to find out for sure.)
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA