RE: [ST] ST electrical capacity

Page 80 of the owners manual:

Alternator......12V 40A
Headlight......2x12V 60/55W
Tail/Brake.....2x12V 5/21W
Directionals...12V 10W

So, your alternator is capable of 40 amps at 12 volts. That equals 480
watts. The maximum the bike itself will draw is if you have high beams on
while braking and signaling a turn, which is 16 amps or 192 watts. This
leaves you with 24 amps or 288 watts to play with.

I'd say that's quite generous. Should be enough for a vest, pants, and some
toys like GPS's. I don't have the grips, so I don't know how much of a draw
they have. I'd also suggest to anyone who has a lot of toys that draw power
to not go over 85% of the alternator's capabilities. In other words, don't
add on more electrical stuff than 34 amps. Or, if you do, make certain that
you don't have everything on while at an idle!

- -Chris Strizver