RE: [ST] RE: Replacement brake hoses? (and other topics)

> The RS has got steel hoses it's just that they are covered
> with a rubber
> outer to protect from the lovely road salt they use in the
> UK, I assume that
> would be the same for all Northern Europe and USA.

Yep, you're all quite right of course.  I got home and had a good check and
my RS brake hoses are indeed metal with a plastic/rubber shroud.  This got
me thinking about the difference in braking between my previous Daytona and
the RS.  As far as I can tell the brakes are identical; same hoses, same
discs, same calipers, same master cylinder (not sure about this one).  But
the brakes on my Daytona felt more powerful and certainly had a better
initial bite than my RS brakes.  Why's that then??  Is it because the
Daytona had stiffer suspension so more of the braking force was transmitted
to the discs and tyres rather then being absorped by squidgy front forks??
Just wondering...

Andy