Re: [ST] Re: Motorcycle Roadcraft

Ken at 03:28 PM 9/25/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Roadcraft doesn't mean slow, though. I've been amazed by the speed that a
>Police Class 1 on a Pan European can carry up twisty roads and through
>traffic. And you have to remember, as you are cranking it up to stay with
>them, that they are riding a touring motorcycle with extra lights, radio kit
>and a siren, and with panniers full of traffic cones and other crap, and
>that they are also riding quite serenely, within themselves and the limits
>of the road. It's a revelation.

When I took some training the instructor (ex police - class 1*) was on a
BMW R1100RT and he just made it look as if I was standing still the way he
moved with that bike. Since this day I have had a new found respect for the
police motorcyclists of our country.

*Note - Police class 1 is the highest qualification our force has.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg (Welsh) Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"