RE: [ST] Electric Vests

Careful....Some of his figures are waaay out. 26 AGW wire is NOT 2.598
ohms/foot! It's a lot less than 1 ohm/foot!

I emailed the write-up I did to Eric. Hopefully he'll post it soon so
everybody can use it. If not, anybody who wants it can email
strizver@xxxxxxxx and I'll send it directly to you.

It is good to have a different source for the wire. The outfit I used had
outrageous shipping charges, and they didn't disclose them before shipping.

Rich- You may want to use your wire before letting some of it go if you're
going to do pants and gloves in addition to your jacket. I used two 50 foot
circuits in my Triumph jacket liner. Pants would need as much, if not more,
and then you have gloves on top of that. Of course, if you choose to use
only one circuit and have some sort of resistive thermostat, that eliminates
the need for two wires. Personally, I think that if you're going to be
threading one wire, threading two at the same time is not any additional
work. Seems easier than a thermostat control.

I do agree with him that targeting for 40-45 watts is a good idea. I made
mine with two 30 watt circuits with 30 AGW wire (50feet). 45 watts would be
much better. I'll be adding another wire soon, as the weather gets colder.

Chris Strizver