Re: [ST] Re: Motorcycle Roadcraft

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Re: Motorcycle Roadcraft dated Tue, 25
Sep 2001 16:06:16 +0100, Keith W Peters said that ...

>KWP-  Ken at 03:28 PM 9/25/01 +0100, you wrote:
> >Roadcraft doesn't mean slow, though. I've been amazed by the speed that a
> >Police Class 1 on a Pan European can carry up twisty roads and through
> >traffic. And you have to remember, as you are cranking it up to stay with
> >them, that they are riding a touring motorcycle with extra lights, radio kit
> >and a siren, and with panniers full of traffic cones and other crap, and
> >that they are also riding quite serenely, within themselves and the limits
> >of the road. It's a revelation.
>KWP-
>KWP-  When I took some training the instructor (ex police - class 1*) was on a
>KWP-  BMW R1100RT and he just made it look as if I was standing still the way he
>KWP-  moved with that bike. Since this day I have had a new found respect for the
>KWP-  police motorcyclists of our country.
>KWP-
>KWP-  *Note - Police class 1 is the highest qualification our force has.

If you ever get a chance, do a course with Mike Waite, he used to *train*
the Class 1s

One to one, £330 UKP for a two day course and worth every penny.  He lives
and runs the course in Somerset.

His email address is "Mike Waite" <mwaite.ins@xxxxxxxxxx>

Telephone Number 01963-371017

- --