RS sticker removal [was: Re: [ST] 2002s]

Robert Marion wrote:

> Hello all,
> [snip]
>
> If I go the RS route, I will want to remove that RS sticker.  Has anyone
> done that successfully?  How?

i have removed the stickers, but *not* the adhesive (ugh).
i've worked my way up the solvent ladder to a 20 minute
soak using mineral spirits on rags then wrapped with
plastic wrap to avoid evaporation. adhesive wouldn't
budge.

i seem to recall trying mineral or vegetable oil as
well, since that's what i've often used to remove
sticker residue from household items.

i picked up a little (couple of ounces?) bottle of
something at the bike shop called 'sticker remove',
or something equally creative, which appears to be
citrus based. i have not had a chance to test this
one out on the back of a panel yet, but plan to
this weekend.

i've been a bit aprehensive about using goo-gone, or
the other similarly-named concoction, as the one i
currently own smells like straight turpentine. sure
don't want that lovely orange (paint) to peel ;)

	have fun shopping! - al.
- --
       /\ _
      /  \ \    al bailey