[ST] Re: My fuel pump is a screamer!

steve lilley wrote:

> Try turning the pressure regulator, which is situated at the top right
> of the fuel plate the one with the circlip holding it, by 45 degrees.
> Either direction, but down seems the best. It has a hose attached which
> goes to the airbox which may need to be lengthened, but just try it first.
> It's an old trick that might just work.

Thanks Steve. I'll offer that up as a suggestion when I bring it in for
its first service. If it's still screaming by then. On Monday morning,
it made its hideous noise for quite some time. With earplugs and all I
could hear it over the engine! By Thursday it was doing it
intermittently, but only when I started it. I was actually able to hear
the fuel pump for the first time! On Friday the whine was reduced to a
single chirp.

> PartDawg!

Part machine?

- --