[ST] More competition for the ST

Wesley Horner wrote:
>I don't know about others in this group but part of the reason I got the ST
was that it was below 1000cc.

Amen to that. Keeping engine size below 1Kcc keeps the insurance AND the
bulk of the machine down. However, if they want to offer a separate larger
engine model for the "bigger is better" customers, that is fine. If I want a
larger engine and more capacious mount, I will move to a redesigned Trophy
(or something from the competitors if it doesn't turn out as I hope).

>The engine is fine and I'm not sure what adding 50hp would do to the
character of the bike.

It would put it on the insurance companies' "highest possible premium" list
and probably get less gas mileage. If you need the suspension and motor of
the Daytona, buy one and figure out how to bring your "stuff" along for the
ride. The extra poop (+10HP) of the new motor is great if it doesn't affect
gas mileage adversely. The bike is a sport-TOURER (and great commute bike)
after all.

Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------