[ST] Chain adjustment / exhaust mods

G'day All,
    After clocking up approx 800kms on the ST this easter break i decided to
give it the once over (any excuse for a bit of tinkering) and decided that
the chain needed adjustment. I think it was Steve who had a bit of a thread
going last week about this, so i checked the position of the adjuster. Sure
enough it was 180 degrees out, after adjusting i've found the bike almost
leaps onto the centre stand and the handling is much better.
 While i was at it i decided to give the thing a really thorough cleaning. I
removed the exhaust can so i could really get at it and noticed the riveted
on outer shell. Has anyone drilled out these rivets to see what's
underneath? You can guess what i'm thinking, if i can get access to the guts
of the can maybe i can increase the volume by removing some baffleing. I'm
not looking for more performance (although more is welcome) just more noise
as i know these motors sound bloody good.
Regards
Bill Wilkin
'99 ST   "Mary"
'53 DomiRacer  "Ruby"