Re: [ST] Mini-Cooper...Forgive me...

Yeah, I've got a couple of friends who like the car, I do as well,
but the point is moot around here as BWM of NA did not bother to
file the paper work with TX dot so there are no dealerships in 2
of the 5 biggest car markets in NA (yes Houston and Dallas).

Rumour has it that BMW is still pissed that TX calssifies the X5 has
a car and they wanted is classified as a truck, or something like that.

But I am sure we would like a ride^wdrive report on the cooper S once it
is through its breakin and first oil change.

t.

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 Jconne6305@xxxxxx wrote:

> Actually the Mini is made in England, although BMW does indeed own Mini.  I
> looked at the content sticker and while I forget the percentages, it was
> indeed not only assembled in England, but to a large degree the components
> were English in origin.  The engine is made in Brazil and jointly designed by
> Daimler Benz and Chrysler.  I am in possession of these factoids due to the
> fact that my lovely wife takes possession of one tomorrow.  My sister is in
> line for the supercharged Cooper S. The car is sweet.  Hopefully the fuel
> sender doesn't leak..  john c

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 12 months old, 16,650 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500