Re: [ST] Rain gear poll

>You may want to take 2 sets of gloves too. (1 set lightweight, 1 set
>heavyweight and waterproof.)

Anytime rain is likely to be involved, I like to have:

Lightweight gloves
Winter gloves
Rain covers

I have never found gloves to be waterproof. So I wear lightweight
gloves first. If it gets colder I switch to the winter gloves. If it
is light rain, I use the winter gloves. Heavy rain, I use the
lightweight gloves and the rain covers. Heavy cold rain, I use the
winter gloves and the rain covers. That is really last resort because
by then you've lost most of your finger dexterity, and you probably
shouldn't be out on the bike anyways. But eventually in a heavy rain
your gloves will become wet, so it's nice to have a backup pair to
wear while the others are drying out.
- --
Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643