From: Keith Tynan [mailto:keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: den 5 april 2002 08:52
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] RE: Avon III front

> Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:01:39 -0600
> From: "Jack Hays" <rude@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] Avon III front
>
> Is that tire mounted correctly? It look like it's on in the wrong
> direction to me?

> > Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:32:47 +0200
> > From: "Jonaz Kumlander" <jonaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > The mechanic that fixed
> > the tyres was an old testpilot for Avon and was involved in
> > developing the supersport tyre and he loved it (not so objective
> > maybee).
> >
> > I have posted some photos for you to view:
> > http://portal.t955i.net/portal/uploads/avon-front.jpgI concur,

I concur with Jack,

The tread on both tyres should look V-shaped when viewed from the front,
and A-shaped when viewed from the rear, as the apex of the V or A should
hit the road first, to squeeze water outwards as the tyre moves
forwards. CHECK YOUR DIRECTION ARROWS.

Jonaz, please report back if we're wrong!

Regards,
- --
BRG
email: keith.tynan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx