[ST] Re: Cell Phones

>I can't believe it... most of the people of the USA I know are liberal. Why
thus can't anyone use its cellphone if he wants? >Everyone is nevertheless
responsible for itself...
>Why thus do some people believe to have to behave themself like teachers
who speak with stupid children?

>Enrico

    We have a saying that your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. The
question is whether or not cell phone usage while driving is a danger to
others. If not, then talk away, but if so then you're violating the rights
of others by endangering them with your reckless behavior.
    I personally cannot drive and use the phone at the same time safely and
from the boneheaded things I've seen people do while talking on the phone
while driving, neither can most others. Some may be able to, but if it's OK
for them to do so then it must be legal for all to do so, and therein lies
the problem. It's been my experience that most people's faith in their
multitasking abilities greatly exceeds the reality of the situation and they
are a danger to others on the road.
    I once saw a young fellow cruising  down the road on a Hardly Davidson
with no helmet, no eye protection, short pants, a tank top, sandals and
talking on his cell phone. (I'm not sure how he could hear it) I gave him a
wide berth needless to say.

Scott