[ST] Minor Fairing Paint Repairs

Hi,

Has anyone tried to repair minor scratches and scrapes using touch-up
repair kits?  I have a few small scratches on my fairing (from a parking
lot incident) that I don't think are worth a whole paint job but they
make me wince.  I've never worked with ABS plastic and don't want to
make things worse.  The scratches are deep enough that the white plastic
definitely shows. Didn't find much in the archive but I'm sure there's a
proper method for preparing the surface and layering the paint.  If the
consensus is that spraypainting is required or that I should just
replace the fairing, well it would probably save time.  Thanks for any
suggestions.

BTW, a couple of people - like me - mentioned that they sustained some
damage prior to installing frame sliders.  Did you repair it or just
replace the fairing?

- --
John Cooper
'01 ST BRG