Re: [ST] adhesive removal

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 01:38  am, bare wrote:

> Also, 9 months late I finally removed the label with the running-in revs
> from the tank. Its left a lot of sticky gooey residue. What's the best
> way
> to get rid of this without marking the paint work?
> Thanks
> Barry
> 01 BRG ST
>
> 3M makes a tar, adhesive, and something else remover that works very
> well. I
> don't know if it's available in Oz, but try your auto parts store. They
> should have something comparable.
> Bare

Like many glues designed to stay tacky it is oil based. I used cooking
oil and a soft cloth, I've also heard of WD-40 working well.

The envelopes that CD-ROMs come in have similar glue on the flap, people
tend to open them then put the CD down on the flap and get glue all over
them. They then take them to the sysadmin who has to put up with people
in the kitchen asking why he is buttering a CD then washing it in
detergent.

Dave