[ST] Pop goes the...

...gear shift lever.  :-(  Or more specifically, the
rod attached to the gear shift lever.  While out
riding in gorgeous 70F weather today, I stopped and
put the bike in first, something didn't feel right,
looked down and the rod was snapped in two.  My first
problem in 13K miles with this bike.  Fortunately, I
was only about 10 miles from my house.  I called my
dealer and amazingly he has a replacement in stock and
it's still in warranty.  This thing appears to be made
out of aluminum?  I'm all for weight reduction but
shouldn't this be stainless steel?  I think I'm gonna
get my machinist riding buddy to fashion me up
something stronger...or learn to be a little easier on
the lever when downshifting.  ;-)

Randy
'00 RS