Re: [ST] Engine Break In

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, ASHLEY BENNETT wrote:

> I think he is being fed a large plate of shit, the computer can't possible
> keep track of what the bike has been doing all it's life. Some dealers need
> to be dragged outside and disposed of, alright maybe a little harsh. Find a
> new dealer.

No, but some telemetry is very much possible. For example I know
cameros/corvettes/firebirds will count the number of times you bounce of
the rev limiter. As well as other interesting events. Obviously
maintaining a complete history in FLASH would be impracticle.

But, if you take your bike in for service at 600 mils and they see that
it has bounced off the rev limiter 10 times, I would suggest that they
could start building an abuse case.

no?

t.