[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #201

In a message dated 4/8/02 10:00:01 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< proper method for preparing the surface and layering the paint.  If the
consensus is that spraypainting is required or that I should just
replace the fairing, well it would probably save time.  Thanks for any
suggestions >>

I don't buy new fairings after driveway/parking lot tipovers, to which I seem
to be prone, because I know they are going to keep on happening. Touching up
with paint that comes in  little nail-polish-like bottles, with enclosed
brush makes the scratches a lot less noticeable, which is good enough for me,
but would probably lower the resale price significantly. Not a problem for
me, as I do not see a resale in my '99 ST's future. Dave Collins, San Diego.
PS Of course, since getting the frame sliders (mushrooms) from Jack Lilley, I
haven't had a fall. DC