[ST] Track day preparation

I am planning to do my first ever track day on my bog standard 6000 km ST.
Hey, its British RACING Green! As I understand it, all the scrutineers will
do is check that my bike's brakes, tyres and chains are OK and that I have
boots, gloves, leathers and approved helmet. Hopefully these should all be
OK.

What steps/tips should I take to prepare my bike and myself for the track
day? I particular things like suspension and tyres. I managed to pick up one
tip from the archives: cable tie the centre stand to the rubber bung bracket
on the exhaust to avoid it dragging. Note, however, that I do not want to
permanently modify anything on my bike and I will not be trying too hard
because I am well aware of my own inexperience and limitations.

One other thing, the bike is nearly 12 months old, but has only done about
6,000 km. Should I get it serviced before or after the track day in about 10
days time?

Thanks,

Barry
01 BRG ST